2009年11月11日

A break-in or shall I say a breakthrough?

I got a phone call from my mom earlier, and she was telling me that the house got broken into. It was either luck or a twist of fate that (almost) no one was at home. My dad was at work, mom felt that it has been a while since she last went shopping at KL so she was out. Sister was at lectures, and the only person left at home was my brother, who miraculously managed to sleep through the whole incident.

Anyways, no one was hurt and the only things taken were a few thousand bucks worth of cash and 2 laptops. Everything else such as jeweleries, antiques and electrical/electronic stuff were left behind. They were probably in a rush or something.


I believe that people do not do bad deeds because they like doing them. I'd like to believe that no one on this earth is essentially evil. They probably had a reason doing things like this. I say this also because I think that humans are cowards. Through out my life (even though I'm not that old. NO I'M NOT!!!), I've seen many people who like to take the "easy" or routine way out things or problems because they don't want to get themselves into trouble.

Yeah well, and anyways, it's just cash. You can always earn them back. I know some people reading this might cringe at the thought of what I just said, but I stand firm on my views. Everything that has a matter will eventually be destroyed and nothing is permanent. If the money managed to save them from whatever situation they were in, then it's good for them that with it, they'll be able to solve their problems.

I just hope that they understand that doing things like this is wrong and that they don't do it anymore, for both their and others' sakes.


So yeah. The purpose of this post today is not to rant or tell everyone about how my house got broken into. It's just to remind everyone not to focus too much on materialistic stuff that you lose focus in what's more important in life - health, family, friends and happiness. Remember that whatever you do, or whatever life throws at you, do try to enjoy the trip.


Notes:
- By the way, my parents will probably kill me if they read this post. -_-;;
- Also, if you're wondering about the title of the post, the breakthrough part, I'm referring that to my brother's abilities to sleep through anything. Let's all hope the house doesn't catch fire..

0 件のコメント: