2010年5月4日

Whyalla - Day 16

Sorry for the lack of updates. The past week has been kinda tiring and mostly uneventful so I didn't do any updates.

Nothing much happened the last week but I did go for the PSA endocrinology seminar at Pt Augusta on Sunday. It was quite informative and everyone got to unleash their sadistic sides by pricking their own fingers to do BGL testings on different machines. @_@ When I saw the 3rd machine, I kinda died. But luckily we stopped at 2 and just looked at the 3rd.

Anyways, yesterday (Day 15 - Monday), Helen and Chris came to the hospital to find me. Alas, they came at the worst possible time. Gilbert, my preceptor was in a meeting with some IT and finance people about the medicine datebase transfer thingy, while I was at the wards doing my rounds. It was a miracle that they managed to finally find me at the Surgical Ward. Okay, that was a bit of an exaggeration since the hospital only had 4 main wards in addition to theatre and day surgery unit which I obviously won't be at.

Anyway, they approached me when a patient was asking me to identify her pill which dropped on the floor in the morning. EGADS! I don't have me PDA with me (and even if I do, I don't have the eMIMS), but anyway, I was having a hard time trying to figure out what on earth is that pill. (Pt was on more than 10 meds btw).

In the end, we deduced it was perindopril since the tablet had a PE-4 on it. (And it turned out to be right. Even though it was a diff brand and strength on the medication chart. o.o;;)

Anyways, Helen and Chris said that they'll be back in the afternoon to talk about the placement and workbook and stuff. Meanwhile, I went to all the wards (excluding HDU), to look at meds charts. @_@ Oh joy!

Fast-forward to afternoon. Helen came back when I was picking up imprest items! Arghh! Fridge items! >_< Luckily our clever pharm tech knew that I took out fridge items and continued doing my imprest stuff. Meanwhile, me, Helen and Gilbert had a long talk about the placements, workbooks and whatnot. Turned into a very interesting convo about job applications, job offers and how Helen managed to convince the Uni to let her travel by air. How unfair! :p She gets to go on a plane while we get to get stuck at the back of the bus for 5-6 hours! XD

Anyways, the day wasn't that interesting. Other than the part where I got lost. Yes. I got so freaking lost IN WHYALLA! Can you imagine that!
I was at the leisure centre for a swim and went to cheer on the pharmacy staff playing netball there. When it ended, my inflated ego told me that I would be able to find my way back. My destination was UniSA as there's a shortcut back to the Uni Village, but I ended up at some business centre. Was walking in circles, thinking it was the Uni, and trying to find that shortcut path. In the end, I realised that it was the wrong building and UniSA was the building next to it... -___-;;


So yeah, it was good fun trying to find my way back though. Ended up having to use Google Map. XD


As for day 16? Well, nothing much again, other than making potassium permanganate solution, calling a doc to clarify on a med dose, calling the RAH's pharmacy's drug info pharmacist (which ended up in me teaching her instead of her answering my question.. -_-;) and going to the IPL tute.

It's been a long day. I guess I'll go take a shower and turn in early tonight.


Signing of,
Rei

0 件のコメント: