2010年4月27日

Whyalla - Day 8

So.. I'm back in Whyalla again!


Today was the first day I met with my preceptor - Gilbert. He's a young guy.. well, fairly young compared to what I thought of him. Thought he was a late-40/early-50 yo guy when I talked to him on the phone. He turned out to be early 30-ish.

Anyway, today I finally got to go around the wards doing clinical stuff. Gilbert told me that I will be following him everyday around the wards, once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I'm supposed to look for 3 patients to do my case study as well. Hope I'll manage to find one with DDIs or other drug-related problems.


The bad thing about today? Well, I couldn't answer many of the questions that Gilbert asked me. Arghh! Curses to my miniscule brain that throws everything outta the window 24 hours post-exams. Can't believe that I said that Metformin causes wt gain when it's actually wt neutral. Geesh.

So yeah, I'll be scarce for the next few days, or Buddha-forbid, weeks. *hears gasps in the background* I have to study my AMH to make up for all the stuff that I've forgotten! >_< Piaa aarrrghhh!!!

Oh yeah, and another useless statement: I spent my evening post-iting my placement workbook. It looks so cute with yellow post-its on it now. XD


By the way, me and Phaik Wen had our first IPL (Inter-professional Learning) session today. It's a tutorial where students of various discipline get together to discuss on a case. Today's case was about a possible breast cancer patient. There were 4 students in total including me and Phaik Wen, with the other 2 being an occupational therapist student and a nursing student. All I can say from the session is that I'm lucky that I did some chemo stuff and went through my AMH on those chemo things last week. They certainly came in handy! :D

I hope next week's case would be as interesting as today's.


Oh yeah, there was a new batch of nursing students who moved into the unit yesterday. The were very friendly compared to the previous ones. I saw them during their orientation today while I was doing the ward rounds with Gilbert. The 3 of them are really nice and I get along with them way way better than the previous 2.


And yet another useless bit of info: I learnt how to poach eggs (without vinegar nor a poacher) from Tristan the med student. I think he's trying to prove to me that he CAN cook. XD Let's see what he cooks tomorrow.
Oh and he saved me and Wen from this huge scary giant hairy millipede yesterday. Thank you for kicking it outta the door like kicking a football! :D

0 件のコメント: